As I referred to in my most recent Chairman’s Chat, we have teamed up with Purple Lap to offer an online entry system to members. The traditional PDF entry form is still available to download if you would prefer, but we would encourage you to give the online entry a go.
In order to use the system to make entries to our events, you first need to register with Purplelap. This is a one-time process, so once you have done this, you will not need to do it again to enter events in the future.
You will not be able to enter the Hobbs Trial (or future events) until you have done so, as you will need to have your membership approved by the club admin. Therefore, please do this as soon as possible, so that once entries for the Hobbs Trial are open you can enter and avoid any delay in getting your entry in.
If you are an existing member of Purplelap then you do not need to re-register as an individual, but you will still need to join the club.
In order to register as a new user on Purplelap:
- Go to purplelap.com
- Register as a New Member – Top right menu
- Confirm the link you are sent on email and sign in to purplelap.com – if you don’t receive your email please check your junk and spam folders.
- Update all your Personal Details and Emergency Contacts under My Details
- Add Stroud & District Motor Club as a club under My Clubs – Please enter your membership number. You will need to do this before you can enter an event. If you have not joined the club yet, then please do this first.
- Add your car details under My Cars and your licence details under My Licences.
- Classify your car by clicking the more button next to your car in My Cars, Select the club and class for the car. Club admin will then approve your car.
- Use the top right menu “Events” to enter events (once entries are open)
Below is a user guide with step-by-step instructions (with pictures) should you require any assistance in performing this process. N.B. The web address for Purplelap has changed since this document was published, so please use the web address on this webpage.
If you require further assistance and the step-by-step guide does not answer your query, then please contact me on email@example.com
I hope you will utilise this new system, which will make entering our events in the future much easier, faster and provides you with a “live” entry list.
All the best,